Monday 19 October 2009

London Underground-Oh deary me!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/8310436.stm?ls

The first thing I'm going to ask is; "Who does this bloke actually think he is?"

That was my initial reaction after watching this appalling video I found at 01.37am between Sunday and Monday. It sickened me, and quite frankly the worker shouldn't be suspended, he should be sacked!
The report also brought to my knowledge something I hadn't known before-that prices are on the increase, yet a day after Mayor Boris Johnson announced this, a tube worker is shouting at elderly people and threatening to harm them. This should not be tolerated.
This worker (or "Stroppy", as I call him) is a perfect example of a power hungry person, who thinks he has more authority than what he actually does. What gives him the right to call someone "jumped up little git" and then threaten to "sling him under a train"? It is beyond belief!

Yes it can be argued that we don't know what sparked the malicious verbal attack, but regardless of the situation if that is the attitude and the verbal I expect to receive next time I visit London, then I'd prefer to walk.
I am not usually a person who thrives on fury, but after reading this, and watching the video, I was angry. Even Boris Johnson had his say on Twitter, claiming he was "appalled by the video", which by the way, wouldn't be seen if it wasn't for businessman Mr Jonathan McDonald, who also expressed his discontent and mere confusion in the BBC article.

What does everybody else think? Is a suspension a deserved punishment, or should he be forced into, let's say, 'an early underground retirement'? What gives an Australian man in an orange jacket the right to threaten an old British man on his journey through the capital?

No comments:

Post a Comment